Sunday, February 25, 2007

Super Squirrel


The squirrel who can save the day...but can't find his own lunch.

I think every college student can agree that squirrels around campus just arent like squirrels anywere else. Upon sitting in the very same spot to eat my lunch for the past several weeks I have encountered all types of squirrels. Fat ones, slow ones, fearless ones, and yes, even super ones. Now most squirrels are fearless, but one day I encountered something immaculate. As I sat eating my lunch feeding a squirrel half my sandwich to see how close I could get him, something strange happened. The squirrel looked me in the eye and seemed to wink. It was like he knew that I knew something. I had no idea what was going on and I dismissed the though because there is no way an animal could communicate with me. After the wink, he came closer and pulled back the hair on his chest. To my suprise her revealed his super-squirrel costume. I couldnt believe my eyes. I remember thinking, "what could he possible protect the squirrel world from?". I mean he was sitting here begging me for food and he calls himself super? If he were really a super squirrel he could probably get his own food. What would he save other squirrels from...Nut thefts?

1 comment:

Korin said...

I love your humor. Fantastic, it definitely put a smile on my face to read that, because it’s just too silly. The picture itself is, as well, silly. It’d be very weird to see a squirrel do that in front of someone, especially because they do beg for food so much. I’m amazed with the squirrels on campus, because they are so fearless. In my town they never let anyone get so close to them, and my parents warned me when I was little to stay away if they got close, because they might be rabid. Usually they hop away really fast.